Sunday 23 December 2012

Hectic Holydays

Hola!

So yesterday the festivities began for me.

In the morning, I prepared food for today's house party for my mother, cleaned, and went to a company luncheon at Bombay Palace (Brampton) with Steven. Now normally I don't eat Indian food, but this place is the best Indian buffet ever. It feels like you're inside an old English mansion in a Bollywood movie!

After that, we drove back to our area and went to the doctors to see about my headache. It's really weird... my headache doesn't really feel like a headache (it feels like blood rushing to my head and lasts for about 2-3 seconds), and it only happens when I'm cocking my head on the left side, or when I'm lying down on my left side. Doctor says I have to keep a journal for a month to monitor my headaches because it's too risky to make me go to a CT scan. So far it still only happens when I'm lying down on my left side. She then checked my blood pressure. It's back to normal but I still have to monitor it. Then she gave me my blood test results and i seem to look fine, but my white blood cells are very low. So I'm gonna have to boost it back up. I gotta change my diet around AGAIN...? =__=;

Afterwards I went to a friend's birthday/karaoke party. Her house party was fun. :) We played MAFIA. I remember doing something similar in high school drama class. I got to be the narrator and mafia... so many times. And then at one point I got myself killed... that was fun. I liked being narrator the most because I just pictured scenes from CSI episodes... at one point Steven died and I had to come up with scenarios, time frames, and locations of the crime scenes.
His first death was a single bullet shot to the head, crime scene was inside his house, and he died at midnight. His second death was asphyxiation... he drowned inside a large fish tank at a stripper club at 5 in the morning and was found at 7 in the morning

:oh God, I'm morbid:.

We then headed out for karaoke, which was quite fun, but the place didn't have Nightwish or Kamelot songs. Oh well. Old Evanescence, songs from Madonna's 'Ray of Light' album, and Phantom of the Opera had to do. And a few Disney songs. I picked Under the Sea, and there in the background were performing dolphins inside a tiny concrete pool :[ I do not approve. BIG TURN OFF. But MOVING ON.
Biggest shock of the night was when Steven SANG. Now for those that have gone with me to karaoke with Steven, and those who hear me say "Steven can't sing," well, this shut me up for good. HE WAS PRACTICING BEHIND MY BACK O-O and now he can sing.... only R&B songs. But this. Wow. It was a big improvement.

I left prematurely so I could get some sleep for today.

Today, I had to help my mom and dad prep for this evening's dinner party. I cut up some cuttlefish for cuttlefish/egg-drop soup (we rarely eat cuttlefish, but when we do it's a treat!), swept the whole house, did laundry...
And now I'm done all we needed to do. Now I am going to hang out with my lovely man until 4pm (within that time we need to stop by Shoppers Drugmart and stop by his place for him to dress up), go back home to shower, pick up the pizza at 6pm, dress up, and help host.

Tomorrow I spend Christmas Eve with Steven :3 ... and on Xmas day I go to his grandparents place. Then on the 29th, I go to a dinner with a few friends to celebrate a late Xmas.

BUSYBUSYBUSY! And next week is new years. SO I think I'm gonna write a new year's resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment