Wednesday 19 December 2012

Bah Humbug.. and more ramblings

Ah Christmas. The season of love, peace, goodwill towards men.

But honestly? Does anyone ever really practice this?

Anyway the point I'm trying to get at here is, I am especially bothered this Christmas because of the recent deaths of innocent school children. While we sit comfortably with our families, eating our meals with them, sharing laughter, opening gifts, there are parents that won't get to spend time with their child because of some bastard. Mother of Pearl! They won't even get to see their child open up their gifts. They'll never be able to see their child smile. They won't get to hold their child, hear them laugh and sing... because of a deranged fucking monster. No love, no peace, no goodwill towards men. I slap my fins in anger.

And do you know what irks me most? When people bring religion into it, saying thing's like...
"They do not allow God into their schools." Yes they do. All schools allow practice of every religion. Every religion has a God. And even if you don't practice a religion they don't go shoving it down your throat, it's a free country. But it's not even about that.
"God allowed for it to happen."
"The Devil possessed him, he was not with the Lord."


^ I call bullshit on that. The Devil doesn't go parading through a school full of children showering them with bullets. These fucked up humans did. 

When YOU do something bad, it's not because of the Devil, it's because of the poor choices YOU made. When YOU do something bad, YOU say "God allowed for it to happen." NO. YOU MADE IT HAPPEN. 
Honestly? Stop blaming supernatural beings for YOUR ACTIONS. YOUR CHOICES.
What does religion have to do with the murder of school children?? IT REALLY DOESN'T. Angers me to no end.

In the words of a close friend... let's call her Crystal Meth. "It's a completely unattributable set of morals to attach to this kind of tragedy. It's irrelevant to most tragedies really, unless there's some kind of fucking holy war or something :| "
RAAGH. *COUGH*



Rant, end. New topic.

Anyway. It's the season of Giving. So I've given up most of my time to help my mother with chores, grocery shopping, making way too many unnecessary trips to the dollar store... :like always:
I've also given some time to spend with a few friends.
a birthday party, 3 christmas dinners...
I'm going to spend extra time with family.

And I've given up some time to my fiance :3 As of late we've been religiously watching CSI Miami... *we've hit the least season... so nerve wrecking!!*

Ok besides the unrealistic timelines and gadgets, I really like the plot, stories, characters... Favourite being David Caruso's character. :3 Now I'm just waiting on CSI Season 11 to come in the mail... but I miss Gil Grissom :[ *yeahyeah I know, the lag. I'm way behind.*

I'm giving gifts too, but that's a.... given! badumbum! What are you guys giving?

WELP, I'm off to make lunch, put away groceries, and read Assassin's Creed! 

*I'd honestly play the game if I could... but I have motion sickness :( *

No comments:

Post a Comment