Sunday 20 January 2013

Yule Ball + today

So after my two day disappearance, I shall blog about the Yule Ball that I went to on Friday with a bunch of my friends (I'll blog about Hoi Cho Tet another day).

I've posted photos on my Facebook account already, so if you haven't seen you can migrate to the 2013 album. They're all captioned and stuff too.

When everyone arrived we were all in blue, which was an unplanned accident BTW, everyone thought it was a Ravenclaw conspiracy because the decor of the hall was supposedly in "Ravenclaw" colour (Blue and Bronze) when really it was in Yule Ball colours... Blue and Silver. The staff were dressed in Hufflepuff colours (black and yellow) WOO PUFF PRIDE!!

They had live performances, including a rock band... alright I admit, for a formal dinner that was harry potter themed it was confusing.. i didn't know whether to put my devil horns up and head-bang in my Guess by Marciano dress, or dance like I was in the middle of being possessed. In the end I just sat in my seat until the generic pop/r&b songs came on. But before this they had BALL ROOM DANCING JUST LIKE IN THE MOVIE!! At some point I got swept off my feet by a tall/dark/handsome/friendly figure who was not my boyfriend and we just started dancing but I had two left feet and kept stepping in weird places. afterwards when he lifted me up and put me down I ran over to my boyfriend and my friend Jess to drag them to the dance floor. It was so fun!! Later Jess decided to teach us how to properly ballroom dance like the Disney princesses... but that ended as soon as "Call Me Maybe" came on. x')

At one point we got into a conga line... and after EVERYONE did the Barbara Streisand (by Duck Sauce)... which included a series of "invisible disk scratching", front claps, back claps, and pelvic thrusts. IT WAS HILARIOUS. And then we did that funny head bob thing to "Baby Don't Hurt Me." Ugh, it was such a blast!! I even got to see Steven must some moves which I've never seen before!!

And near the end they brought out a Honeydukes sweets table!!!

I got home pretty late (12:30am) so I didn't stay until 2am, but... Overall experience was amazing! It was so much better than my prom (Masquerade theme, but no masks allowed... how dumb is that?) Props to York University's Ministry of Magic! It really felt like I was in the movie! They had chocolate frogs and bubbly butterbeer that tasted so good!! 4 course meal was good, much better than the dinner I had for prom... and I paid less money compared to my prom! SO AMAZING!!

~~~

Anyway today I played Disney Universe with Steven. Yes I am aware that it is a kid's game but it's so much fun! You get to wear costumes, go into different worlds, fight bad guys... it was kind of like kingdom hearts but for children, and much easier. It's something that I can play, but it also allows me to relax. Did this for a few hours until it was time to eat. So while I ate I watched a few brides picking out their dresses.
Again, always smiling like an idiot once they find their perfect dress.
I've been dress picking before with Little Red for her dress. And like.. to know that she's on the verge of becoming a wife, or even knowing the fact that she's starting a new life soon, and even knowing that next year I'm getting married is really... surreal. You don't really think about it happening to you or your loved ones but when it does, you just can't believe that it's happening.
We're actually growing up (ironic, earlier i played a kid's game)
With that thought at the back of my mind and just watching a bunch of bridal shows, and just playing the same image of my friend picking out her dress, being reminded about how happy we both were when we found her dress... it just makes me smile like an idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment