Thursday 17 January 2013

Today shall be a day of storytelling.

Alright now some of you might find this really dumb and you might laugh at this (or at me), but I kid you not. I think I was visited by an archangel named Michael.

Ah can you hear that? I can hear the lot of you laughing and snickering and PFFTT-ing. But let me just tell you this story because you might find it entertaining and it might give you a good laugh.

So one day, my friends... (let's give them pseudonyms) Zephyr, Trumpet, and Spock (you know who you are) decided to coax me into watching an episode of Doctor Who. One with the Weeping angels. YES THOSE ONES. THOSE CREEPY DEMONIC ANGELS.
Not even FIVE MINUTES INTO WATCHING THE EPISODE, I HAD SHIVERS DOWN MY SPINE ALL NIGHT EVEN WITH MY BEDROOM LIGHT ON, HAD THE CONSTANT FEELING OF BEING WATCHED, AND I HAD TROUBLE SLEEPING.
And all it took was for a performer to dress up like a stone angel, move several meters from the original spot, cover their face.. and (when the second actress stopped looking at the angel) put their hands below the eyes a few centimetres to look at the camera... so that it looked like it was looking at me. And then i felt ringing in my ears and something behind me... of course i turn off the computer and jump into my bed as if hiding under the covers will protect me!
(But seriously though, why do we all do that? If we were going to get killed or haunted, wouldn't they just kill/haunt you from underneath the covers, or attack the covers?)

I think I can hear the lot of you dying of laughter. But moving on.
I was convinced that the next time my friends and I visit the cemetery at night, (yes we do this every Halloween) disrespectful or not, "I AM BRINGING AN AXE AND SMASHING WEEPING ANGELS TO BITS." Obviously I don't think that way NOW, but... I digress.

That night I couldn't sleep and kept my eyes wide open... I even had a metal rod under my pillow, my turtle nightlight ON (that plays music and stuff), and multiple stuffed animals on my bed for protection *Cue laughter* but that's not the end of it. You would think that i would have enough energy to stay awake. NOPE. I fell asleep from trying too hard to stay awake.
So in my dreams I actually encountered many demonic weeping angels.inside an old building that was just like the one in Doctor Who. I thought I was going to die.

And then all of a sudden I was being held by a being with wings. Ok yeah cutting to the chase, I believe it was an angel. He told me his name was Michael and he gave me a gun so I could shoot at the stone angels. He said he will protect me on the condition that I do not look at his face (which was very weird). So while he offered me protection. I gunned down all the weeping angels so that they turned to rubble, and I woke up feeling at peace. Odd.

And this happened well over a month ago, this dream of mine.

While the dream was still fresh in my mind I consulted Spock, local neighbourhood myth historian, about my dream to which she (yes, I said SHE) asked if I have ever watched Supernatural.

No I haven't watched Supernatural. I only watched the first episode but 5 minutes in I got creeped out and stopped watching. (Why that was relevant, I didn't know.) She then asked if I know about any of the Archangels, because if I do know it's probably because Archangel Michael is the most well known and popular of all.

I've heard of archangels, but I didn't know there were specific names... and as I've said before.. I'm not a religious person, therefore I don't pay attention to anything related to religion.

She then proceeds to tell me that the Archangel Michael (St Michael) is the angel of protection and that if he did indeed visit me in my dream, it means he must be watching over me. *Cue laughter* Though it was strange that he told me not to look at his face, but she tells me that in a lot of places you're "not supposed to look at anyone who has a holiness level of OVER 9000 in the face" so it's no big deal... that or maybe it's just a Phantom of the Opera thing that carried over into my dream and made it seem like I'm not supposed to look at his face >.>;

But anyway I did a couple of tests. Apparently if you "speak" to your guardian angel, they'll send you a sign of some sort. And apparently Archangel Michael is very blunt when sending signs. SO I asked him to send me feathers. Three times. And in those three times I was alone (in the bathroom, on the bus, and in the school hallway) a feather fell from nowhere. And I don't wear down jackets at all. But I was still not fully convinced (those feathers could've come from anywhere who was there previously). So I ask him to appear in my dream again, and I did this like maybe 3 hours prior to going online and forgetting about it. So when I went to bed I actually forgot about it until he appeared in my dream. And I was in a misty place.

(Ok I must really sound like a delusional and crazy person or something, but for your entertainment I shall continue to make a fool out of myself.)

I didn't really remember much about my dream but I remembered him visiting, and he was standing in the distance so I couldn't actually see his face. And then I abruptly woke up. Maybe it was because I was so intent and focused on really wanting to see him that I dreamt of him instead? Or maybe he did appear because I willed it. In any case, I think I have my own guardian angel.
Oh Andrea must be CRAAYYY... Anyway what are your thoughts on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment