Wednesday 30 January 2013

Made of Honour.

As Maid of Honour, it is my duty to make Little Red happy and relieve some stress off her shoulders for her wedding. Sounds simple right?


I wish it was! This blog post goes out to all my friends who will be/who are maids of honour.

Here are a few things I did to help the bride:

I hooked her up with a family friend who's a wedding coordinator. Pretty sweet right? ;)
I sewed her and her mate's (faux) fur-lined capes for the wedding ceremony. Originally the plan was for them to pay me back, but I decided "Nah, just give it to them as their early wedding gift. It's around 200 for both capes anyway." She looks so great in it :) And she looked even better when she was in her dress!
I actually showed up to all of the bridal meetings. Pretty good, must be loyal, yes yes?
I accompanied her to David's Bridal to help her choose her wedding dress in place of her mother. Not bad, it was just like on TV, so I was prepared.
I helped her with motherly woes.. well.. more like distract her from motherly woes.
I also amateurishly redesigned her blog. It was my idea for her to start a blog for her to kill time and have a place for her to vent and brain-vomit. But after noticing how much she vented, it was obvious that I could do more to please her. SO! Prettied up her blog and now it's super pretty :3 Quite proud of it.
I think I am unofficially the makeup person too... MIGHT have to run that with her again.
I am also the go-to person whenever she needs to vent. So nice of me right? ;)
Did i mention that she lost a flower girl because the girl's mother decided to have HER wedding 2 days after Little Red's wedding? So she's obviously gonna use her daughter... it technically shouldn't be a problem, however Little red already told the mother countless number of times not to book the wedding date close to hers :\ She did it anyway. So it was agreed that I'd have my niece be her flower girl, with the approval of my older sister. YOSH!! She'll probably make a cuter red riding hood flower girl anyway. ;)
Also did concept sketches for her wedding cake/cupcakes and decor for the ceremony and reception.

Little Red, if you can read this, I know a girl who bakes some pretty mean cakes and owns her own business ;) holla at me if you're interested! But i think i already told you who it is...

Well that's all I've done so far. it's still the first few months.

Other than that I don't think I'm doing enough >_> she's all the way down in Hamilton and I'm all the way up in Canadian-jersey shore-in-the-woods. If i lived near her i think I'd be taking her out more often. Other things on my to do list is to plan for an at-home spa date for all the girls (or go to an actual spa), have a bridal shower/party/sleepover (complete with dinner), give the bride special treatment away from home, have a mock engagement photo shoot to prep her for the real deal, plan a bachelorette party/slumber party.
I might also paint a nice housewarming gift for her. Y'know put my painting skills to good use.

Did I mentioned it was red riding hood themed? Ooo yes. This is gonna be fun!! A tad stressful on my part. But since I'm Asian, I've been programmed to handle the pressure!

I'll be fine :) ...RIGHT..? o.o

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Ariel :D You got a nice smile out of me. I'm up for hearing more about the person who bakes these mean cakes. I'm sure you told me about her before but I've seen so many people and cakes i'm all @_@ lol. You've done more than I could ever ask for and more than I'll ever be able to repay back. You're so much like a sister to me now it's not even funny. Your friendship means a lot!!

    ReplyDelete