Wednesday 20 February 2013

Finally! Stories to tell

On Saturday for our 6 year anniversary, Steven and i spend some time together at Pier 4 in Hamilton. We walked on a jogging path by the iced lake. just us two and a few joggers and cyclists. then up ahead in the road  we saw an old elderly couple also walking. And they were like a mirror image of us when we grow old: they were asian, the old man was wearing black like Steven, and the old woman was wearing a poofy red pumpkin jacket like me!
They were really cute, all holding hands and laughing together :) I hope when we're older we can look like that.
We walked back and decided to sit on the dock by the ice. not a lot of people were there, but 2 couples came by :one took pictures standing on the ice-lake, and the other went ice fishing.

We sat and played Nightwish xD It was surprisingly really relaxing!
Sitting by a frozen lake, staring into the distance, nothing but silence, each others company, a few geese, and The Islander and Turn Loose the Mermaids playing on my phone.

Up until my phone rang and the POTC theme song rang. Time to go meet Little Red and groom-to-be!
We drove with them to a little witch craft store (Digressing: YOU THREE, I know you read this, I am not a witch) to buy me a mermaid necklace. That didn't happen, and I left with a twin dolphin pendant instead. Little Red looked for her hand-fasting rituals book for her wedding. Out of curiosity i asked the owners if they had any St Michael pendants, and they said....; no. They had other angels, but I wasn't interested. so i take a look around the store and i see all these seashells and stuff and I'm all like :AIEEE: before Red, Wolf, and Steven dragged me out of the store.

We drove back to Red's house to finally have that long overdue girls' at-home-spa day. Full of facials, nail polishes, plucking of the eyebrows, hooker and normal makeup, and munchies. Up until my cat allergies started acting up 5 hours later. It was time to go by then anyway, since Steven was falling asleep on her couch with Wolf.

Once more on the way home from Hamilton and we cross the bridge. On my left side, once more i see "the heavenly black of sky and" lake. (curse thee, polluted Lake Ontario, why art thou not the sea!!)

Moving on...

~~~~~~

Monday we decided to stay at my place and look over wedding details.

So far, we've contacted a florist/decor place, an officiant, and the in-house DJ for a consultation.
None have replied back yet to far but I'm hoping they will.

Steven finished up that list of people to invite. And we are at the 150 max. capacity. which is a good number i think.

we also looked at invitations online. so far he likes the one that i like (Lion's paw shell invitation with an RSVP card in it) but this place is in the UK. :(
DIY INVITE IT IS~!

~~~~~~


Yesterday I discussed cakes with a friend of my older sister's and got a pretty good deal on my cake and cupcakes. I caved into the 3 tiered cake and 3 dozen cupcakes. The cake on the left is the cake that I want. with all the details on the cake and cupcakes, and delivery/setup at the venue, the total came up to $450. pretty sweet deal since most of the cakes are like $1000+ but since i am a family friend... automatic discount :D

 So what i'm getting out of this is setup/delivery to venue, 3 tiered cake and 3 dozen cupcakes with the works.

 AWESOME!





At 3:30  after much delays to make my niece food, I went with Ang (yes, I'm naming her after the last air bender) to Micheal's art store to look at some gadgets and gizmos. I took a few images of some things i wanted to buy for DIY invitations and decorations... there were a LOT of pretty glass bottles that i wanted to incorporate.

A few things that happened there: oogling things for Ang's nonexistent Secret Garden wedding, boy talk, being held at gun point. but most of the time we were oogling at keys, recycled paper name tags, bird cages, over-sized books, pink bottles, birds, candelabras (which i finally found out were pronounced CANDLE-A-BRAS, instead of CANDLE-BRAS) and purple flowers.

Ang you know how you said you wouldn't become one of those girls that dream of their own wedding before they even become committed? WELL HAH. HAAA~ I turned you into one. But it's okay. Every girl can dream~~ :Cue "A dream is a wish your heart makes" Cinderella Music:

What is this sorcery? I don't even. (Once again i am not a witch!)

It was time to leave the store : after much wailing and gnashing of teeth on my part : and we decide to hang around the Cumberbitch's backyard and make weird faces while staring at the front door until she and Female Erik arrived.

The front door was unlocked and we stood out in the cold :FAIL:

Some dinner and a few YouTube videos later, we decided to finally have that long overdue alcoholic beverage drinking party. complete with adult games.
A few more boy-talks, musicals-to-movie debates, Asian-bashing, sex-stories, and penis-jokes later, Steven comes in with a broom. Here's how it roughly went down

Me: Why did you bring in my mom's broom??
Steven: OH IT'S FOR HER? i thought it YOU GIRLS needed it
Me: I SAID IT WAS FOR MY MAA
Ang: YOU'RE A WITCH!! (After hearing I'm gonna do a hand fasting, been going into a witchcraft store, and hanging out with pagans, they all dub me Abagail Williams)
Cumberbitch and Female Erik: BURN THE WITCH!!!

Anyway, before Steven left for work, and before i left the house, my mother told me to buy a new broom since the old one doesn't sweep as well anymore. so i text Steven to pick it up for me since i was gonna be busy. i suppose i forgot to mention that it was for my mother. really what are WE gonna do with a broom stick? FLY AROUND TOWN WITH IT? :P gosh! xD

a few more alcoholic beverages and being accused of practicing witchcraft later, i didn't wanna leave the party prematurely to watch one episode of Pretty Little Liars. so i decided "I'll just watch it online tomorrow" (tomorrow being today). also, Cumberbitch's cat was being clingy and i didn't want to leave because he was being all cute n fluffy and meowing and... and then allergies kicked in.



twas a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment