Thursday 21 February 2013

Dream within a dream, and Distractions

I dreamt i was standing in front of the ocean. The water was kinda dark bluish purple but kinda green at the same time. then the ocean swallowed me up and all i could see were mermaids swimming around me and the sun shining through the water. the weirdest part was i could breathe, but i couldn't move.

I woke up from the dream within the real dream (INCEPTION!!! Yeah i know it's not the real meaning of the word but dreams within dreams remind me of Inception Movie to keep your mouth shut). I woke up at a Disney beach resort that was built on top of an old shipwreck. Walls were covered with wallpaper with pink roses, furniture was made with gold and ivory. My sisters were going to the shore to make sand castles so i decide to follow them. i walked to the window of my room that also acted as a back door to the beach and looked out at the ocean. the window/door was attached to a sort of balcony that gave way to stairs that lead to the beach. I walked to the shore in my sun dress. i think it was sunrise or sunset but i couldn't tell. everything was bathed in gold from the sun.

When i got closer to the water, i had a vision that the water swallowed me again, except the water was more bluish green. just like in the dream within the dream, the sun shone in the water, but instead of seeing a school of mermaids, i saw only one mermaid circling round me. I could still breathe underwater. then the mermaid started to talk to me. the vision ended and i realized that i was standing near the edge of the water just barely touching it. i decided to stay away from it.

I started to walk away from the beach to go inside when i overhear the manager of the resort talking to one of the construction workers. it was almost Halloween and they were preparing to add trap doors and secret entries to the hotel for murder mystery/ghost hunting events. they planned to hire a technician to see if they can install holograms of ghosts. the construction worker didnt want to take part anymore because supposedly he heard from a few guests that they have seen ghosts and apparitions inside the hotel. i turned my attention to the hotel (it looked like a castle, like the ones in horror films). it was old, cobwebs from top to bottom, broken windows.. and it looked like the castle hotel was sitting on top of the shipwreck. but the ship was floating and didn't look like a shipwreck at all.

i walked back into the resort and everything became dusty, filthy, and there was smog everywhere... not the nice hotel i woke up to, and the lighting was kinda green too. there was this one painting hanging in the hallway. it was an old woman with a big up-do from the baroque/rococo era. just then the ghost of Marie Antoinette came out from the picture. the next thing i know the whole resort was overrun with ghosts. i stumbled upon a closet with juliet's clothes (from romeo and juliet)...actually i think i fell through a trap door into a crowd who was doing a tour of the haunted mansion. all of them were examining juliet's clothes. i heard a deep voice coming from nowhere that said 'anyone who touches the dresses shall be doomed'. one specific dress that he meant was a a gold and white ivory dress with frills. people kept touching it anyway, but i decided not to. then the voice said in my ear "you. i know you..." it creeped me out so i walked away from the closet. but the voice kept following me around.

i broke into a sprint. i don't know why though but i think i was scared of the voice. but it seemed like i was the only one who could hear the voice because no one was freaking out or paying attention to it. from the corner of my eye i see juliet's gold dress float and the voice was trying to put the dress on me. i don't know how, but i ended up wearing it. the sky turned purple and i heard rumbling thunder. i don't know what happened but i started running towards the water and everyone was freaking out. the water was already up to me knees but when i still kept running, it stayed at me knees and i didn't feel anything under my feet. when i was a mile away from the shoreline, something from under me dragged me down but something told me that it was the mermaid in my dream.

the mermaid pulled me under so quickly that the water really felt like it was swallowing me. i didn't think twice about being able to breathe underwater and i felt safer there. i was definitely safe but i didnt know what happened to the rest of the people at the resort. the mermaid tried to pull the dress off me because it was a cursed dress. i didn't hear the voice anymore because i was underwater, and i was supposed to stay underwater. i wanted to save the people on the resort but i couldn't since I'm supposed to stay where i was.


~~~


anyway the florist got back to me and i have an appointment to meet with her next Saturday AT 4PM. pretty awesome.

this morning my mother started bombarding me with questions about the wedding...

"how much was the venue? i mean deposit? $2000 ?!! How did you guys get the money!! Does his parents know? what did they say? where are you gonna live? are you gonna live at his parents house? are u guys gonna live in that condo you guys dreamed of? no? townhouse instead? have you talked to a mortgage broker yet? where did you get this money!! is his older brother married yet?? did he get engaged??"

ah.. only my mother can make things (that are so simple and not stressful) more stressful than they actually are. UUUGH. maybe if i continue to look at pretty things it'll distract me.

No comments:

Post a Comment