Wednesday 8 October 2014

Old Married Couple Stuff...

Update on the House!!!

Plumbing almost done. They're just starting Electrical.

Our winter was quite long... and seeing how cold it's getting outside, I'm super terrified that it won't be finished on time and that construction will be delayed again. I wonder how the lawyer thing will work out because the company signed off on it MEANING legally they have to keep their end of the deal. and we signed off on it MEANING WE KNOW THEY'VE READ THE CONTRACT AND WE KNOW THEY HAVE TO KEEP THEIR END. If there's a date change we should be notified by the end of November. In which case the new date would be June 2015. If that gets pushed they should be sending us another notice in March 2015. If they can't fulfil their deal then I have until July 2016 to terminate the deal. It's only October so I'll have to wait a month for the verdict. Also, assuming since the house doesn't even have foundations up yet, we won't even be contacted for interior design yet until after winter :S yikes.

They've finished paving and naming the streets to drive into and we've successfully pinpointed what street we live on and where we're located! Why didn't they give us a nice name?? I can't even remember what it was because it's such a damn ugly name. Oh well.

Also.. I'm a fucking moron. i thought we picked black bricks for our exterior. I began to worry about it recently because over the summer it was super hot, and then i realized "wait.. black house means hotter summers WHYYYY!!".. but it turns out WE ACTUALLY PICKED "OYSTER WHITE"... can you guess why we picked oyster white? :P I am officially a moron. I guess that means I get an actual pretend beach house now!



Ok my house doesn't actually look like this, it's taller and 1/3 the size of this place. BUT ANYWAY!

On to the areas of the house I have neglected.

I like to plan things ahead to make sure I have enough funds for this by the time i put things in motion (please recall my multiple wedding and honeymoon blog posts).

A year after we move in, we're going to renovate the basement so that it's flood and fire proof. I still have no ideas on what to do with it yet (because the hubby gets his man cave and office upstairs, and we already have a TV in the living room where people can chill. I thought about making it into a bunker (hey flood and fire proof bunker, who doesn't want that?) but all of the images of bunkers online are SUPER FUGLY. Functionality over looks I suppose. And even trying to use keywords like "AWESOME" in front of Basement Bunker didn't work. :| still pretty damn ugly.
Well, for sure our laundry machines will stay down there, so I guess we need a laundry room set up.
And we definitely need storage for emergency supplies (packages of bottled water and canned/ dried/ preserved goods). And because we have such a tiny basement I guess we can't really do much else to it. Steven also wants a treadmill and a professional pool table in it too but how is that gonna work with the amount of space they BOTH take? Not to mention he doesn't even PLAY pool :\ the heater and the water tank AND control panel is down there too so we can forget about moving those, plus they need to be easily accessible.
What I don't know for certain is where they will be placed. What I DO know is, locations may vary, we have a crawl space, and there is REDUCED HEADROOM in the basement. ;__; WELL. I guess I can't really plan anything until I see it.
I wonder if I can make a cool crawl space though...



Well i suppose i could throw in a sofa bed and have it up against a wall. or i could do something like...


and if all else fails i could always make the basement Erik's Lair xD BOAT BED AND ALL!



I'm not serious... although it would be pretty amazing to have a boat bed.

If an apocalypse does hit tho i kind of want to have a functioning kitchen and bathroom. and the beds are the sofa beds.


Well... then again, another kitchen in the basement seems much...

In theory I could keep all the food underneath the stairs if we make storage space there. No beds though, I'm not Harry's evil relatives ok? And most I'll need is a mini fridge.





This needs to happen to the laundry room tho. Minus the window:



Who was the creative genius who inserted a bar to hang laundry that needs to be air dried? SO SMART MAN! though i kinda think there needs to be a wash basin sink in there.

I suppose i could make it a sewing room too.






Now for the ATTIC... I definitely want it to be Tornado and fire proof.

I also want meditation/yoga space.




Open and airy and with drapes and soft cushions so it's cosy. SUPER LOVES!!

i ALSO don't like the fact that i have nowhere to put my own office/desk space. If the hubby gets one I want one! Even Steven! I'll probably work without a chair tho.


Typing all this up i realized I NEGLECTED THE GARAGE SPACE!



Well it's just a space for your car and all other stuff so why does it even matter? The gardening items we don't even really need except a hose, a rake, and a snow shovel when winter hits because we don't even have a huge front yard. I guess our garbage/recycling/compost will go here too. (btw I have friends who put compost on the counter where they cook their meals/ clean the dishes. does anybody else do that? cuz i don't do that :S i find that weird.) Also we have super narrow space so i'm hoping when we do this (see below) with green bin and garbage, we can probably keep them hidden under the work desk. but we'll see.




... Garage looks pretty boring. oh well.

That's all the brain vomiting I have for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment