Sunday 12 October 2014

How did i know?

Our house date got pushed to ... DUN DUN DUNNN!!

June 2015. 

We got a letter in the mail this morning saying that the date was pushed due to site plan approval and service delays (also assuming weather was a factor). And for our convenience they've also sent the same letter to our lawyer :3 ... 

"Our lawyer."... that's just an odd thing for me to say at my age o-o

Anyway, since the date has been pushed, that means i have to stay with the in laws longer than i have to. BUT IT ALSO MEANS I GET TIME TO DECIDE WHAT THE BASEMENT AND ATTIC WILL LOOK LIKE!

I've decided to make the basement a home gym with mirrors, and then section off a space for the sewing/laundry room. Not sure if we'll get a cold room but if we do we'll have it store our emergency food/water supply instead of underneath the stairs, and then the stairs can store our suitcases (because it never occurred to me where people actually keep them.. like where do you keep that??) We've got a few years to decide the budget and what to do. 



Not sure how big the attic will be (heck it'll probably be tiny) but i'll make it work somehow. Judging from the pamphlet concept drawings, the attic looks fairly adequate. Enough headroom, and we have an end house... which means there's windows included. but since we also have a house attached to ours, we only get half the space :P 

Classic Attic  Bedroom


BTW.. HOW COULD I FORGET THE BALCONY??



   this but smaller scale

***

Yesterday when i went home for thank giving my dad was installing ACTUAL MARBLE SLAB COUNTERS for my old washroom and my mom's master bathroom. suddenly i remembered he works at a marble and tile shop and i thought "if my dad can get me marble counter-tops and tiles, and we install it ourselves, we don't have to pay extra to upgrade." ... but it's too early to say how well he'll do it, so i'll have to wait until it's actually in to decide :P

No comments:

Post a Comment