Saturday 2 November 2013

One more month until my back tattoo.

I've said for a long time that i wouldn't get a tattoo.
"It wrinkles and fades over time" i said. 
"I'm afraid of pain" i said.
"I want to have pure virgin skin" i said... OK not really i never actually said that. 

and now in about a month I'll be getting my first ever tattoo. and I'm not getting those tiny tramp stamp looking things or tribal tattoos either. I'm going all out. 

so why the sudden want for a tattoo?
well... it's kinda hard to describe. but you know that moment when you're ready? like you're ready to just dunk your head underwater and swim because you're not scared anymore? or when you're ready to just fuck it and lose your virginity (pun intended lol)? it's been on my mind for about a year. this is my last act of defiance against tradition before i marry and finally "grow up".
after doing a lot of research about trying to care for a healing tattoo and looking up least painful places to have a tattoo.. and looking up cool places for a tattoo... i kind of just got fed up of fearing the pain. I'll just do it and roll with it. 

this one I'm gonna get will go on half of my back - the bottom portion. It'll be of two dolphins leading a ship to safety. at night. is there any significance? besides the obvious love of dolphins? let's just say I'm looking for some direction and guidance in life. in a lot of dolphin folklore they're always guiding ships and directing ships towards safety. and you all know my dad's story :P and why specifically night time? because night is just so peaceful and quiet. night time sharpens, heightens each sensation... and silently the senses abandon their defenses.... oh whoops almost broke out into a phantom musical number. moving on!

afterwards when I've find purpose in my life and have accomplished all of my goals, I'm going to "graduate" with an upper back piece. WHALES FLYING AMONG A SEA OF STARS. Like in fantasia!

You'd think I'd get an ocean tattoo. but i don't think i can pull that off. only certain individuals can. and besides I'd prefer to see the ocean... putting it on my back would make my wanna peer over my shoulder and make me get a kink in the neck from trying to look. 

well i guess that's enough rambling for today. time to swim!

No comments:

Post a Comment