Tuesday 23 July 2013

A story of how steven and i met, and how we came to be.

So we're almost married and have been dating for an extremely long time.. why not write a sappy long overdue story about how we met, hm?

Pre steven&andrea.. May 20th 2006

It was "prom season" for the 12th graders. here i am alone in the library doing community service hours... when all of a sudden a group of BIG SUPER SCARY 12TH GRADERS COME UP TO ME "oh no" says i "they're gonna beat me up!! i'm too young to die!" i claim... and they ask me to go to prom with their friend. "bwaaaa??" i thought.

A line of communication was open for steven.. turns out he was the one who suggested they all come up to me because i was wearing light blue everything. (light blue shoes, light blue shirt, light blue jacket, light blue capris... even my frickin socks were light blue).. they did not know my name, and so they dubbed me... L.B. for light blue. steven, were you really that simple minded?

ANYWAY, i turned down the offer to go to prom with them. (because i was but a mere 9th grader. who am i to just suddenly show up at a prom strictly meant for soon to be graduates?)

a day or two after the incident, i get a friend request on msn from... steven! "how did he get my email?" i asked. "the guy is hella creepy" i says. "ok i add him" BAHAHA.

years later i found out he got my email from a mutual friend who was friends with my friend. anyway...

we found out that we had a lot in common.. we loved listening to Gackt, listening to jrock, we were in music class, we lived in jane and finch and moved up to vaughan the exact same time... and then we started talking and hung around school a lot...
 and i instantly became known as the 9th grader who hung around the cool 12th graders. (not really but hey, i was untouchable after that. no more bullying! and i still hang out with the guys to this day :3 )


February 16th 2007

a year later i dreamt that we'd gotten married. which was really wierd because a day or so after, he "confessed" his love to me online... to which i automatically log offline, shut of my computer, ran into my sisters room and started laughing like a complete loonie. (i also find out my mom did the same thing when she was my age.. some guy said he liked her and she ran home, locked herself upstairs and laughed like a hyena.. and my grandpa thought she was crazy LOL..) anyway, logged back on an hour later and we decided to completely forget about the incident because i still had issues with guys.. i broke up with this one idiot who thought playing wargames would get him into the military, this one guy i liked was so full of himself and liked someone else, and another was freakin racist and wouldnt date me because i wasnt korean. moving on...

he liked a lot of girls and i would just be like 'oh yeah go for her why not yknow?' but then when he suddenly came out to me it was like "but why me?"... and i still dont have a reason why but anyway... i agreed to meet with him after valentines day.. and i was super nervous because it was our first time seeing each other in a while.. and we always chatted online..
there, in the school cafeteria he officially asked me to be his girlfriend. so i decided to give him a chance because... well why not? (it was afterschool and i lied to my parents that i was staying late to finish up projects xD pfft!) we exchanged our gifts (i got him a magnetic half-heart... that connected to his other half he got me).

and then he stole a kiss :| (different story here, my first kiss wasnt actually with him, it was with a girl, but moving on...)

Our first date we went to swiss chalet to eat... and we still go there to eat because it brings back good memories :) in fact we go there so often that all the servers and hostesses recognize us!


Within a time span of 5 years..

there were a lot of.. complications with family and health and money... and he was always there to provide support.. i actually didnt think he'd stay because of all the shit i go through but he's very understanding and he'll try to help out when he can. there was lots of yelling, lots of tears, lots of emotional things going on.. friends came and died, family was torn apart, i was physically unwell... and he stayed through it all with me. we grew to love each other's dorkiness.. him with his penguin obsession, mine with my ocean mermaid obsession.. and when i was feeling like i was the ugliest girl on the face of the planet he'd always tell me how beautiful i am (and he still does that).

at school i'd always write notes to him, and he'd do the same because there was no way to actually be together a lot in person since he was a college student and i was still a minor. (god i make him sound like such a pedobear eh?) when it came time to meet each other we'd exchange notes and read them.    sometimes i think "how the hell did a bitch like me end up with such a loving and caring person?" well.. i still dont know. but here we are, fully graduated highschool and both college students.. then i realized... he'd always stick around and stand by me no matter what. (like during that time my mom kicked him out of the house and when i had my widsom tooth removed and he took care of me on his work day). i decided that on his birthday, i'd ask him to marry me. just like Topanga did on boy meets world.

August 30th 2011.

i called his friends and secretly got a hold of their numbers in advance to tell them i was gonna propose to him. to my surprise they were all like "OH SHIT NO WAY!! OH MY GOD SO EXCITED! MAD RESPECT"... except one who was all like "youre castrating him!"... pft bitch i hate gender roles, stfu. and one of his friends actually have always wanted a girl to propose to them in the future!
so it was settled. i bought a ring for him, planned his birthday dinner with his friends there... had him open a fairly large box without him suspecting anything... and there it was, his ring. and i asked him to marry me in front of his friends... and of COURSE he said yes.

both his parents and my parents think that it was HIM who proposed to me.. oh if ONLY they knew and would stop gender stereotyping.. (thats a seperate rant i wont get into.)

 but then of course silly me, i didnt get Myself an engagement ring.. HAHAHA... so we bought one.. i'm not a jewelery person and i dont really like mined rocks.. i like the lab made ones.. so he bought me a simple cut tiny green amethyst ring that looks like seaglass!!! why amethyst you say? because amethyst represents february and february is when we started dating :)

and now here we are, both about to be married, newly bought a house, both working together, and about to start a new chapter of our life in exactly one year. one more year. oh my god it's finally happening. my dream from grade 10 (one with him marrying me even before we started dating) is literally going to come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment